The online Workshop 1 “Recent advances on experimental analysis on DCBs” organized by NKUA and held on 5-6 October 2023 united experts and students in the pursuit of medical excellence. Through engaging sessions and interactive discussions, attendees were not only enlightened about the latest advancements, but also inspired to contribute meaningfully to the ever-evolving landscape of medical science. Throughout these two days, specialists in the field engaged in topics such as:
• Drug properties and available coating process based on DCB requirements,
• Prototypes of drug/material evaluation,
• Analytical methods to characterize drug / material candidates
• Introduction to animal welfare ethics and law
• Diagnosing and treating peripheral arterial disease
This workshop served as a platform for sharing knowledge, fostering collaboration and intrigue and inspire students into further research and exploration into these topics.